The Aquarium is currently open to the public. In response to COVID-19, we’ve made some essential changes to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
National Aquarium education programs provide students from the Baltimore-area and beyond with opportunities to encounter, understand and connect with the natural world, building the STEAM-powered skills they will need to become future science superstars! From pre-K through high school, students may participate in a full spectrum of National Aquarium educational programming. At every grade level, our educational programs inspire respect for the aquatic world and prepare students to act as informed, empowered stewards of our mission to inspire conservation of the world’s aquatic treasures.
Plan a Field Trip
For fall 2020, a virtual visit to the Aquarium is your students' passport to a world of wonder! We offer age-appropriate online experiences for students in grades pre-K through 12 that correspond with Next Generation Science Standards and ignite a life-long love for science and conservation. Virtual experiences also include pre- and post-program materials to help you make the most of your online program. In-building field trips are not currently being offered.
Education Programs Bringing STEAM Concepts to Life
The National Aquarium’s expert education team brings the wonder of the aquatic world to life with a diverse array of programs for students from Pre-K through Grade 12!
The National Aquarium welcomes homeschool families and groups to visit, explore and get hands-on with our world of aquatic treasures, or make use of our new online programming! Specially themed experiences and thoughtful programs for students of all ages make the Aquarium’s Homeschool Programs the perfect complement to any science curriculum. For up-to-date information about fall 2020 in-building programming please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the 2020-21 school year, our monthly homeschool programs will consist of themed virtual classes offered via Zoom from October through February for students in kindergarten through grade 6. Students will participate in 45-minute-to-one-hour-long virtual sessions designed for their age group. All programs take place on Wednesdays at your choice of two time slots and are $18 per student per session. Contact email@example.com for more information.
A Wet World How do we keep the water clean for our fishy friends?
- Kindergarten – Grade 1: October 14 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 2 – 3: October 21 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 4 – 6: October 28 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
Time to Train Do birds smile? How do you train a turtle?
- Kindergarten – Grade 1: November 4 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 2 – 3: November 11 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 4 – 6: November 18 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
Daily Diet What do we feed animals and why isn’t it pizza?
- Kindergarten – Grade 1: December 2 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 2 – 3: December 9 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 4 – 6: December 16 at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm
Pups & Pufflings What is it like to have baby animals at the aquarium?
- Kindergarten – Grade 1: January 13 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 2 – 3: January 20 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 4 – 6: January 27 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
A Vet’s Visit Are nurse sharks really nurses? Do sloths go to the dentist?
- Kindergarten – Grade 1: February 10 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 2 – 3: February 17 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
- Grades 4 – 6: February 24 at 10:30 am or 2:30 pm
EDUCATION PROGRAMS Extracurricular Experiences
The National Aquarium offers students in middle and high school unique immersive opportunities that allow them to explore their interests in aquatic sciences beyond the classroom while preparing them for college, careers in STEAM fields and a world that is waiting for their insight!