The Aquarium is currently open to the public. In response to COVID-19, we’ve made some essential changes to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
10 - 12
Main Aquarium Campus
The National Aquarium Youth Exhibit Guide Program gives local high school students the opportunity to spend a summer volunteering at the Aquarium, working with our staff in our exhibits, sharing in the Aquarium's unique mission and magic.
Participants increase their knowledge of marine environments, assist in enhancing guest experiences, learn from our expert staff and meet people from all over the world.
- Have successfully completed ninth grade and at least one high school science course.
- Be environmentally aware.
- Demonstrate an interest in marine biology.
- Enjoy interacting with, talking to and assisting guests of all ages.
How To Apply
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020 Youth Exhibit Guide Program. Applications for summer 2021 will be posted in early December.
Sign up for Youth Program Alerts to receive notifications on when next year's application opens.
Volunteering at the Aquarium provides a unique learning opportunity and valuable work experience with a wide range of benefits. As a guide in the galleries, you will enjoy:
- a realistic look at marine biology and STEAM careers.
- an opportunity to fulfill your school's community service requirements.
- a chance to meet new friends with shared interests.
- an array of marine life training classes.
- social opportunities and activities.
- staff discounts and privileges.
- a fun and unforgettable summer!