The National Aquarium, located on Baltimore’s world-famous Inner Harbor, is just 38 miles from Washington, D.C. Whether you live in our nation’s capital or you’re just visiting, the Aquarium is within easy reach—we’re a straight shot down I-95, located just minutes off the interstate. Or, enjoy the convenience of the MARC train or Amtrak; Baltimore’s Penn Station is just a short distance from the Aquarium.
Getting to the Aquarium
The National Aquarium is located at: 501 E. Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21202
With discounted parking at three nearby parking garages and a location convenient to public transit, the National Aquarium is easily accessible from Washington, D.C., by car, MARC train or Amtrak.
Although the Aquarium does not operate its own parking facility, we have three official parking partners nearby. Tickets pulled from Harbor Park Garage, LAZ Inner Harbor Garage and Parkway Lockwood Place Garage can be validated for a discount to Aquarium guests. Aquarium members receive an even bigger discount.
Please note that there is an early-bird parking discount for those who park in these garages before 9 am, Monday through Friday. If you arrive before this time, we recommend you do not validate your parking ticket at the Aquarium, as that will override the early-bird parking discounts.
- Harbor Park Garage (55 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202) Guests who are not Aquarium members can reserve a spot online in Harbor Park Garage ahead of time.
- LAZ Inner Harbor Garage (100 S. Gay St., Baltimore, MD 21202) Guests who are not Aquarium members can reserve a spot online in LAZ Inner Harbor Garage ahead of time.
- Parkway Lockwood Place Garage (124 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202) Guests who are not Aquarium members can reserve a spot online in Parkway Lockwood Place Garage ahead of time.
National Aquarium members receive a 25% discount at the Aquarium's three partner garages. Please note that we are unable to provide this discount to parking reserved in advance online. For information about the member parking discount, please visit the membership page.
How to Receive Parking Discount at Our Partner Garages
- Enter the chosen garage by taking a ticket and parking. Be sure to bring the ticket with you to the Aquarium.
- Get your parking ticket validated at the end of your visit before you exit the Aquarium.
- Take the validated ticket to the parking garage lobby, and the automated machines will discount the parking based on your length of stay.
No coupon is required, and the discount is valid for all Aquarium guests for any duration of stay.
All parking garages provide accessible parking spaces. Also, on-street parking is available with ADA-compliant meters.