Hours of Operation December Hours at the Aquarium
Last Aquarium entry is 60 minutes before closing.
Hours of Operation January Hours at the Aquarium
Last Aquarium entry is 60 minutes before closing.
Getting to the Aquarium
The National Aquarium is located in the heart of downtown Baltimore on the Inner Harbor, easily accessible by all modes of transportation. Our address is 501 E. Pratt St., Baltimore, MD 21202.
The National Aquarium has three official parking partners nearby—Harbor Park Garage, LAZ Inner Harbor Garage and Parkway Lockwood Place Garage. These garages offer discounted parking rates for National Aquarium guests and members. Guests and members must validate their parking ticket inside the Aquarium to receive the discount.
National Aquarium members receive the most generous parking discount at our partner garages. For information about the member parking discount, please visit the membership page.
There is an early-bird parking discount for those who park in these garages before 9 am, Monday through Friday. If you arrive before this time, we recommend you do not validate your parking ticket at the Aquarium, as that will override the early-bird parking discounts.
All three garages provide accessible parking spaces. Also, on-street parking is available with ADA-compliant meters.
Harbor Park Garage
Address: 55 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.3 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in Harbor Park Garage online in advance.
LAZ Inner Harbor Garage
Address: 100 S. Gay St., Baltimore, MD 21202
Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.2 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in LAZ Inner Harbor Garage online in advance.
Parkway Lockwood Place Garage
Address: 124 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202
Distance from the National Aquarium: 0.2 miles
Aquarium general admission guests can reserve a spot in Parkway Lockwood Place Garage online in advance.
Parking Discount Instructions
How to receive in-person parking discount at our partner garages:
- Enter the chosen garage by taking a ticket and parking. Be sure to bring the ticket with you into the Aquarium.
- Get your parking ticket validated at the end of your visit before you exit the Aquarium.
- Take the validated ticket to the parking garage lobby, and the automated machines will discount the parking based on your length of stay.
For general admission ticketholders, if you reserve your parking online in advance, the rate you are charged is the discounted Aquarium guest rate. For National Aquarium members, please do not reserve parking online in advance as we are then unable to provide the member discount.
Amtrak: Penn Station: 1500 N. Charles Street—only 1.06 miles from the Aquarium. Taxi and bus service are available from the station, as well as the free Charm City Circulator and ride-sharing services.
Light Rail: Convention Center and Camden Yards Light Rail Stops
MARC Train: Camden Yards and Penn Station MARC Train Stops
Metro Subway: Shot Tower/Market Place Metro Subway Station
Bike racks are installed outside the Aquarium on Pier 3, next to the USS Torsk.
Admission and Ticket Information
General Admission Adult
General Admission Youth
General Admission Child
Ages 4 and Under
General Admission Senior
Unlimited Access Member
Tours & Experiences Experience the Aquarium Like Never Before
Explore behind the scenes, meet our experts and come face to face with amazing animals.
Amenities & Accessibility
All bathrooms have changing tables, and there is a family restroom on the ground floor of Blue Wonders near stroller check.
Guest Relations Room
Located on Level 1 of Blue Wonders behind the bubble tubes, this area is available to parents of infants and young children, as well as guests seeking a private, quiet space during their visit.
Guests with mobility issues can download our Accessibility Guide prior to visiting, or pick up a printed version at the Aquarium’s information desk.
View Your Photos
Head over to the Magic Memories website and enter the number on the back of your PhotoCard to see your photos, order prints and share online!
For the comfort and safety of all guests, strollers are not permitted on our exhibit route. We do offer stroller check by our main entrance, but space is limited and we encourage you to leave your stroller at home if possible.
For a small fee, lockers are located inside the Main Entrance, to the right, on the ground level of Blue Wonders.
Maps & More Download Our Map
Before your visit, download the Aquarium map to help you navigate our award-winning exhibits and locate restrooms, water fountains, dining options and more. Or, pick up a printed version at the information desk, located across from the 4D Immersion Theater on Level 1 of Blue Wonders.
Dining at the Aquarium
The National Aquarium is pleased to offer guests a variety of fresh food options produced and served with eco-friendly methods. Please note that outside food and drink are not allowed inside the Aquarium, but picnic tables and benches are available just outside the building if you choose to bring your own food or visit our neighboring restaurants. For the health and safety of our animals, food, beverages and gum are allowed only within the Aquarium's designated dining areas.
Food purchased from the Aquarium may contain ingredients unsuitable for those with allergies or dietary restrictions. We encourage you to speak with staff at our cafes about your specific concerns during your visit, or contact Guest Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-576-3800 prior to your visit.
The Aquarium's largest cafe is located on the ground floor of Pier 3 near the Main Entrance and is open daily for house-made chicken tenders, smash burgers, sandwiches, bowls, coffee, draft beer and more. Place your order at the kiosks or the Pier 3 Cafe website in advance for convenient pick-up. Cashiers are available for customers who prefer to order and pay in person. Seating is available.
Located on the ground floor of Pier 4, Pier 4 Canteen is convenient to Dolphin Discovery and Jellies Invasion and is open daily for personal pizzas, sandwiches, mac and cheese, salads, popcorn, pretzels, drinks and more. Place your mobile order on the Pier 4 Canteen website in advance for convenient pick-up, or order with a cashier to dine in. Seating is available.
Harbor View Room is located on level 4 of Pier 3 and is open Friday through Sunday, as well as select weekdays. Serving bar-style food and snacks, this is an ideal place to take a seat, grab grown-up drinks and snacks for the kids and soak in the sweeping Inner Harbor view.
National Aquarium Gift Shops
Take a piece of the Aquarium home with you! The National Aquarium Gift Shop—located at the top of the escalator on Level 1 of Blue Wonders—offers souvenirs, clothing, jewelry, housewares, toys, books and more.
There are also exclusive designs featuring sea turtles, jellies, sharks and more available in our new online gift shop!
A Safe and Welcoming Place for All
The National Aquarium is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for all guests. The well-being of our guests, staff, volunteers, and the animals in our care is our highest priority. So that the Aquarium can be safe and enjoyable for all, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines. Please note that guests who do not adhere to these guidelines or who engage in other behaviors deemed by National Aquarium staff to be inappropriate, harassing, or threatening may be removed without refund.
- Guests of all backgrounds and abilities are welcome at the Aquarium and will be treated with courtesy and respect from Aquarium team members. In turn, guests are expected to treat their fellow guests and Aquarium employees and volunteers with the same courtesy and respect.
- Please follow all Aquarium policies and directions given by Aquarium team members. In the unlikely event of an emergency, help keep yourself and your fellow guests safe by following the Aquarium's emergency procedures as directed by Aquarium team members.
- Please remain in authorized guest areas at all times.
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for their children's behavior. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult. School field trips require at least one chaperone for every five students in grades pre-K and K, one for every six students in grades 1 through 6, or one for every 10 students in grades 7 through 12.
- Guests engaging in fighting, throwing objects, or attempting to enter unauthorized areas will be removed immediately from the property without refund.
- Non-flash photography, videotaping, and recording for personal use is welcome, except where "no photography” is indicated. Commercial photography, videotaping, or recording requires prior Aquarium approval.
- Guests who choose to consume alcohol must do so responsibly. No guest under age 21 may possess or consume alcohol on Aquarium property at any time. Guests becoming overly intoxicated, participating in, or contributing to underage drinking will be removed from the property without refund. Please note that alcohol must be consumed only in designated areas, and alcohol not purchased on our property is prohibited. Alcohol purchased on-site may not be taken off property.
- For the safety of all our animals, only service animals as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act are allowed in the Aquarium. Emotional Support Animals and pets are not permitted.
- Strollers (other than for accessibility needs) are not allowed in the Aquarium due to space and safety concerns. Guests may check strollers at the Main Entrance.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in any exhibit space, and outside food is not permitted anywhere in the Aquarium. Guests with food allergy concerns or those with dietary restrictions can contact us at 410-576-3800.
- Mistreatment of animals is strictly prohibited, including touching any animal outside of approved touch animals.
- Weapons—including firearms, ammunition, knives, sharp tools or instruments, mace/pepper spray or other chemical weapons—are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking/vaping is prohibited in the Aquarium.
- Unauthorized signage is not permitted in the Aquarium. Solicitation, distribution and posting of literature of any kind on Aquarium property by guests or vendors is not permitted without prior Aquarium approval.
- Guests wearing clothing featuring offensive language or graphics will not be permitted to enter the Aquarium. For safety, shirts and shoes are always required.
- Disruptive behavior, damaging of property, foul or abusive language, obscene gestures, and harassing or aggressive behavior are not permitted in the Aquarium.