Experience the wonders of diving in a coral reef in the Aquarium's Atlantic Coral Reef exhibit. Led by professional dive staff from the Atlantic Edge Dive Center, participants will experience the wonder of diving into the amazing world of a coral reef.
18+; Guest must be PADI Open Water Diver certified or equivalent
1 hour orientation/prep; 30–45 minute dive
How to Purchase
Book your adventure through the Atlantic Edge Dive Center by phone at 301-519-9283 or online at atlanticedge.com.
What to Bring
- Mask and snorkel
- Booties and SCUBA fins
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our Staff Entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium's Main Entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- For information about discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
- Friends or family members who want to watch your dive must purchase a ticket to the Aquarium.
- Gear can't be stored at the Aquarium prior to check-in.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
No. You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this program.
Comfortable clothing is encouraged. You'll need to bring your own wet suit, mask, snorkel, fins and booties. Lockers will be provided, but we recommend leaving valuables and non-essential items at home.
No. Aquarium admission is not included with your program. If you wish to tour the Aquarium prior to your dive, you must purchase a general admission ticket. We are unable to store your dive gear prior to your scheduled check-in time.
If your dive takes place during regular operating hours, your family and friends can purchase general admission tickets to the Aquarium to observe your dive.
No. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time. If you plan on touring the Aquarium before your dive, a separate admission ticket is required, and you are responsible for storing your dive gear until your check-in time.
We are working on a photo opportunity for this program. For now, if you would like photos of your dive, you'll need to make your own arrangements.
Back to the Top