Discover the Aquarium after dark in an unforgettable overnight adventure! Explore behind-the-scenes areas, experience a hands-on encounter with animals in Living Seashore, walk the shark catwalk and enjoy a presentation with our colony of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. An evening snack and breakfast are included, as well as a show in our 4D Immersion Theater.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Participants under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian in order to attend. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
6:30 pm to 9 am
Price includes Aquarium admission, 4D immersion film, evening snack and breakfast. Discounts are available for groups of 15 or more. Call 410-576-3833 for more information.
Please note that members must purchase a discounted guest ticket for any tour guest who is not covered by their membership.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no cots; no air mattresses larger than twin-size)
- Comfortable clothes and non-slip, closed-toed shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, medications, etc.)
- Sleepovers are coed; please be sure to bring appropriate sleepwear
- Emergency contact information
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels).
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our Staff Entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium's Main Entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy for each member of your group.
- For information about discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
- Your sleepover program ends at 9 am, but your ticket is good for a full day of exploration! With a hand stamp, you can leave to stow your gear in your car and return to the Aquarium the same day.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
All aspects of this tour are subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Yes! Your sleepover tour will include a visit to Living Seashore, our interactive touchpool exhibit, where you'll be able to touch skates, jellies, horseshoe crabs and more. Please be advised that our exhibits are periodically closed for maintenance and unforeseen circumstances; if Living Seashore is scheduled to be closed during your tour, your tour guide will notify you beforehand.
You'll be traveling behind the scenes, so closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you'll be traveling around the Aquarium. Sleepovers are coed; be sure to bring appropriate and comfortable sleep attire.
Yes. You're free to explore the Aquarium during our regular hours before or after your sleepover.
- You'll be camping on the floor, so bring a sleeping bag! Sleeping pads, pillows and foam or air mattresses are optional, but due to limited space, we encourage guests not to bring air mattresses. Air mattresses larger than twin-size and cots of any size are prohibited.
- You'll be spending the night, so bring toiletries and personal articles, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, facial soaps, medications and sleepwear suitable for a coed group.
- Remember that closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels.
- You may also want to bring money if you plan to visit the Aquarium's gift shop. Please note that shopping time is not included in the schedule. We recommend arriving early, or planning to re-enter the Aquarium after your sleepover is over, if your group would like to visit the gift shop.
When you arrive for your sleepover, please plan to park at the Parkway Lockwood Place Garage (124 Market Place Baltimore, MD 21202) located directly across the street from the National Aquarium. Remember to bring your parking ticket to check in. Your sleepover guide will provide you with a chaser ticket to use upon exiting the garage with a flat rate of $8. To receive this discount, you must exit the garage prior to 12 pm following your sleepover.
No. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time or following your sleepover, so be sure to store your gear in the car if you plan to explore the Aquarium!
Yes. Our sleepovers are best described as indoor camping experiences and are open to any and all groups, so they may be coed. If your group wishes to have a private sleeping area, please let your sleepover guide know during check-in. We will do our best to accommodate the needs of each group, but we cannot guarantee that a private sleeping area will always be available.
Yes! An evening snack will be provided, as well as a continental breakfast in the morning. If a member of your group has special dietary needs, please contact us at 410-576-8822 and someone will be in contact regarding options for you or your group.
All visiting scout groups receive a National Aquarium patch; however, this patch is not an official scout badge.
Yes! We require at least one adult (18 years or older) for every seven children under the age 16.
Back to the Top