Ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at the Aquarium? Here’s your chance to step into our stories and see the Aquarium in a brand new way. In this incredible experience, an expert will lead you through our exhibits.
Your guide will share fascinating stories about our animals and the habitats they call home, lead you to exclusive staff-only areas, take you up-close with one of our animal residents and so much more.
Join us and become an Aquarium insider—you’ll never experience the National Aquarium the same way again!
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
2 ½ hours
Price (includes Aquarium admission):
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your tour. Check in at our staff entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium’s main entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine
- Stay late—your ticket is good for a full day of Aquarium exploration
- You’ll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along
- For discounted parking, use the Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Pl. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Yes! You’ll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
Because of the behind-the-scenes access, all participants must be at least 8 years old. No refunds will be given for guests who do not meet the minimum age requirements to participate.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Not all of the animals you’ll see on your tour are available for guest interaction. We try to bring you as close to our animals as possible, but for both your safety and that of our animals, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to touch or handle an animal.
You’ll be traveling behind the scenes, so close-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you’ll be traveling around the Aquarium.
Yes! You’re free to explore the Aquarium during our regular hours before or after your tour. To enter the building, please use the Pier 3 Staff Entrance located directly across from the U.S.S. Torsk submarine.
Back to the Top