Have you ever wanted to work with dolphins? Spend a morning as an honorary member of our marine mammal team, highlighted by an up-close encounter with one of our Atlantic bottlenose dolphins.
Get a glimpse of a day in the life of our dolphins and the talented people who teach and care for them. After an interactive orientation and behind-the-scenes tour of Dolphin Discovery, step on deck to experience firsthand how we build relationships with each member of our dolphin family.
Once you’ve seen how the team provides excellent animal care, it's your turn to get eye-to-eye with the animals to see their strength and intelligence up close.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program; children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult with an Encounter ticket. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
Price (includes Aquarium admission, souvenir shirt):
|General Encounter Ticket
|Member Encounter Ticket
To Book Your Experience Call (410) 576-3833
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Check in at our staff entrance when you arrive. It’s just around the corner from our main entrance, across from the USS Torsk submarine
- Come early or stay late—your ticket is good for a full day of Aquarium exploration, but be sure to return to check in at least 15 minutes before your tour
- You may get wet, so we recommend bringing a change of clothes
- For information on discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs
For Your Safety
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Participants don’t get in the water but should have basic swimming skills, as you’ll be interacting with the dolphins next to an open water exhibit.
- Jewelry, glasses, hats and other items that may fall into the exhibit must be removed before going on deck with the dolphins
- Cameras are welcome, but be mindful that they may get wet; the Aquarium is not responsible for loss or damage of personal items
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You’ll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
Because of the behind-the-scenes access, all participants must be at least 8 years old. No refunds will be given for guests who do not meet the minimum age requirements to participate.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
If a family member or friend wants to watch your Dolphin Encounter, they must purchase a Dolphin Encounter ticket and join you on the entire experience. If they choose not to participate, they can wait for Dolphin Discovery to open to the public and watch part of your Dolphin Encounter from the stands. Guests who choose to not purchase a Dolphin Encounter ticket will be required to purchase Aquarium admission.
You’ll be traveling behind the scenes and interacting with our dolphins, so close-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. Comfortable clothing is recommended, and please refrain from wearing any jewelry, sunglasses or hats. If you have long hair, remember to bring a hair tie. Cameras and electronics are permitted but discouraged, because they may get wet. We recommend leaving bags and other personal items at home, as there may not be a place to store your belongings.
Yes! You’re free to explore the Aquarium during our regular hours before or after your tour. To enter the building, please use the Pier 3 Staff Entrance located directly across from the U.S.S. Torsk submarine.
No, although photos are allowed on the experience, there will be no staff available to take photos of you or your group during the experience.
Back to the Top