The Student Summer Program gives high school students the unique opportunity to volunteer at the National Aquarium and spend a summer sharing the Aquarium's mission and magic.
Participants interact with visitors, increase their knowledge of marine environments, put smiles on children's faces, and meet people from all over the world.
- have successfully completed ninth grade and at least one high school biology course
- are environmentally aware
- are interested in marine biology
- enjoy smiling and talking to people.
Volunteering at the Aquarium provides a unique learning experience, full of benefits. As a guide in the galleries, you will enjoy:
- a realistic look at marine biology as a career
- an opportunity to fulfill your school's community service requirements
- new friends with shared interests
- training classes about marine life
- social activities
- free parking during volunteer hours
- staff discounts and privileges
- a summer of fun and learning.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2016 Student Summer Program are no longer available. For further information about the 2017 program, please call the Volunteer Office at 410-576-3886.
The application deadline for the 2017 Student Summer Program is December 14, 2016. Applications for the 2018 program will be available next fall.
Back to the Top