The National Aquarium’s Promise for the Planet award is an accolade for youth, by youth. It recognizes an individual student or group of students who are leading ocean conservation initiatives that significantly impact or affect change within their community, state or district.
Eligible students in sixth through twelfth grades may be nominated by peers, themselves or other individuals, in recognition of their conservation efforts, particularly work that aligns with the National Aquarium’s three conservation priorities: ocean and human health, urban conservation and diversity, and climate change and resiliency.
Nominated students lead by example, demonstrate determination and fearlessness in meeting an environmental challenge and inspire change within their communities, making our world a better place.
Winning students or student groups will receive:
- Free admission to and recognition at our Youth Ocean Conservation Summit in Baltimore at the National Aquarium (Spring 2018)
- Framed certificate and plaque/trophy
- National Aquarium membership
- National Aquarium-branded prizes
- Recognition in National Aquarium communications
Back to the Top