This encounter offers the exclusive opportunity to physically interact with our colony of Atlantic bottlenose dolphins! In addition to a hands-on experience, you'll also meet and chat with marine mammal staff, explore behind-the-scenes areas of Dolphin Discovery and participate in dolphin enrichment activities.
If you're celebrating a special occasion on your Dolphin Encounter tour, you have the option of purchasing an upgraded experience! Learn more about our special occasion package, which includes a buoy with a custom message delivered by one of the Aquarium's dolphins.
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. All guests under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Participants under the age of 18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian in order to attend. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
Please note that members must purchase a discounted guest ticket for any tour guest who is not covered by their membership.
How to Purchase
To book your experience, call 410-576-3833.
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Wear close-toed, non-slip shoes (no sandals, flip-flops, Crocs or heels).
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Check in at our Staff Entrance, just around the corner from the Aquarium's Main Entrance and across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- You'll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy for each member of your group.
- For information about discounted parking, please check aqua.org/parking. Bring your ticket to have it validated before leaving the Aquarium.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
- Participants don't get in the water but should have basic swimming skills, as you'll be interacting with the dolphins next to an open water exhibit.
- Jewelry, glasses, hats and other items that may fall into the exhibit must be removed before going on deck with the dolphins.
- Cameras are welcome, but be mindful that they may get wet; the Aquarium is not responsible for loss or damage of personal items.
- You may get wet, so we recommend bringing a change of clothes.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you'll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn't been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for cancellation information.
All aspects of this tour are subject to availability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You'll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
You'll be traveling behind the scenes, so closed-toe, non-slip shoes are required. That means no Crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. Comfortable clothing is recommended, and please refrain from wearing any jewelry, sunglasses or hats. If you have long hair, remember to bring a hair tie. Cameras and electronics are permitted but discouraged, because they may get wet. We recommend leaving bags and other personal items at home, as there may not be a place to store your belongings.
No. However, this tour is an add-on to a general admission ticket, which grants you admission into the building.
If a family member or friend wants to watch your Dolphin Encounter, they must purchase a Dolphin Encounter ticket and join you on the entire experience. If they choose not to participate, they can wait for Dolphin Discovery to open to the public and sit in the amphitheater seats. Please be advised that we cannot guarantee that friends and family will be able to observe the Encounter. Participants and family/friends can meet each other at 11 am when the experience concludes. Guests who choose to not purchase a Dolphin Encounter ticket will be required to purchase Aquarium admission.
No, although photos are allowed on the experience, there will be no staff available to take photos of you or your group during the experience.
Back to the Top