Spend an unforgettable night at the Aquarium! When the sun goes down, the Aquarium comes to life. This after-hours adventure takes you around the Aquarium to learn about the 20,000-plus animals that call the Aquarium home.
Following a kid-friendly dinner, journey to a tropical rain forest, discover dolphins, see shark-filled waters and even explore behind-the-scenes areas with one of our expert guides. At our interactive adventure stations, you’ll get a first-hand look at what it takes to run an aquarium.
As you adventure winds down, help us say goodnight to the Aquarium
before heading to bed. After a quick breakfast, you’ll set off on one last adventure featuring an interactive game to showcase the awesome explorer you’ve become!
All participants must be at least 8 years of age to participate in this program. Refunds will not be given for participants who do not meet the age requirements.
5:30 pm to 9:00 am
Price (includes Aquarium admission):
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow (no cots or air mattresses larger than twin-size)
- Comfortable clothes and non-slip, close-toed shoes (no flip-flops, crocs or heels)
- Personal items (toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, facial soaps and any medications)
- Sleepovers are coed, so make sure to bring the appropriate sleepwear
- Emergency contact information
Getting Ready for Your Tour
- Arrive 15 minutes before your tour, and be sure to allow extra travel time for rush-hour traffic.
- Check in at our staff entrance when you arrive. It’s just around the corner from our main entrance, across from the USS Torsk submarine.
- Your sleepover program ends at 9 am, but your ticket is good for a full day of exploration! With a hand stamp, you can leave to stow your gear and return to the Aquarium the same day.
- You’ll be asked to sign a waiver when you get here—save time by bringing a signed copy along.
- To receive the sleepover discounted parking, please use the Lockwood Place Garage at 124 Market Pl.
- When booking your tour, please notify Central Reservations of any guests with special needs.
Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable, including if you miss your tour due to late arrival. If the Aquarium cancels your program, you’ll have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
To ensure that your tour hasn’t been canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as animal health or inclement weather, please call 410-576-8822 the day of your program for
Yes! You’ll visit behind-the-scenes areas during your tour.
Because of the behind-the-scenes access, all participants must be at least 8 years old. No refunds will be given for guests who do not meet the minimum age requirements to participate.
A parent or guardian must accompany all participants under the age of 16. Minors 16 years of age or older may participate with a signed waiver from a parent or guardian. Parents or guardians accompanying children must be at least 18 years old. For example, a 17-year-old may attend a tour with a signed waiver, but their 10-year-old sibling may not accompany them without an adult.
Not all of the animals you’ll see on your tour are available for guest interaction. We try to bring you as close to our animals as possible, but for both your safety and that of our animals, we cannot guarantee the opportunity to touch or handle an animal.
You’ll be traveling behind the scenes, so close-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, as you’ll be traveling around the Aquarium. Sleepovers are co-ed, so make sure to bring comfortable sleep attire that’s appropriate for a co-ed group.
- You’ll be camping on the floor, so bring a sleeping bag! Sleeping pads, pillows, and foam or air mattresses are optional, but due to limited space, we encourage guests not to bring air mattresses. Air mattresses larger than twin-size and cots are prohibited.
- You’ll be spending the night, so bring toiletries and personal articles, such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, facial soaps, medications and sleepwear suitable for a co-ed group.
- Remember that close-toed, non-slip shoes are required. That means no crocs, sandals, flip-flops or high heels.
- You may also wish to bring money if you plan to visit the Aquarium’s gift shop. Please note that shopping time is not included in the schedule, so arrive early on Friday or plan to reenter the Aquarium after your sleepover on Saturday to shop.
Yes! You’re free to explore the Aquarium during our regular hours before or after your sleepover. To enter the building, please use the Pier 3 Staff Entrance located directly across from the U.S.S. Torsk submarine. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time or following your sleepover, so be sure to store your gear in the car if you plan to explore the Aquarium!
No. We will not be able to store your gear prior to your scheduled check-in time or following your sleepover, so be sure to store your gear in the car if you plan to explore the Aquarium!
Yes. Our sleepovers are best described as indoor camping experiences and are open to any and all groups, so they may be co-ed. If your group wishes to have a private sleeping area, please let your sleepover guide know during check-in. If you do request a private sleeping area for your group, we cannot guarantee you will be placed in one of our underwater viewing areas.
Yes! During your sleepover, you’ll have the chance to dine with us twice. A kid-friendly, buffet-style dinner and a continental breakfast are both included with the cost of your tour. If you or someone in your group has special dietary needs, please contact us at 410-576-8822, and someone will be in contact regarding options for you or your group!
Yes! All of our scout groups receive a National Aquarium patch. However, at this time, it is not an official scout badge. Please check back soon, as we’re working on some sleepover additions that will allow your scouts to earn different badges during their visit.
Yes! We require at least one adult (18 years or older) for every seven children under the age 16.
When you arrive for your sleepover, please plan to park at the Lockwood Garage (124 Market Place Baltimore, MD 21202) located directly across the street from the National Aquarium. Remember to bring your parking ticket to check-in. Your sleepover guide will provide you with a chaser ticket to use upon exiting the garage with a flat rate of $8. To receive this discount, you must exit the garage prior to 12:00 pm following your sleepover.
Back to the Top