Media Relations Internship
Media Relations interns will provide assistance to Aquarium media relations team.
- Assist with writing, proofreading and distributing press materials (ie: press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, follow up letters, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of media visits to the Aquarium (ie: escorting film crews, arranging staff interviews, managing photo shoots, etc.)
- Fulfill media requests for press kits, photos and information.
- Assist with planning and facilitation of special events.
- Complete reports and/or special projects when assigned.
- Research, as necessary.
- Assist with the maintenance of media archives and clippings.
- College sophomore, junior, or senior pursuing a degree in public relations, communications, English or a related field.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to operate within Microsoft Office systems.
- Must be able to present writing samples and references.
- Must receive college credit while completing a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term.
Back to the Top