Marine Animal Rescue Internship
Marine Animal Rescue Program interns assist in the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of stranded marine animals and sea turtles, as well as in outreach efforts of the Aquarium's Marine Animal Rescue Program. This internship is only offered for fall and spring terms.
- Animal care: Participate in rescue and release trips, daily feeding, medical treatments, facility maintenance including cleaning and water changes, behavioral observations, and record keeping
- Outreach: Interpret the Marine Animal Rescue Program artifacts and conservation messages, and participate in seasonal outreach and public education programs both at the Aquarium and off-site
- Other duties as assigned.
- Are college juniors or seniors majoring in environmental science or a related field, with course work in biology and ecology
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term, eight hours per day, one day per week.
- November 1 for spring term
- May 1 for fall term
Back to the Top