Marketing interns will support the Aquarium marketing team daily activities.
Sales and Service Path:
As a support staff person, this individual will assist with packaging and programming brainstorming, phone inquiries, mailings and database management, sales calls, and tradeshows. This individual may also assist the promotions department if needed.
- Assists in department development of ideas for packaging and Scout programming to generate group sales
- Attends scouting and tourism events to promote aquarium programs
- Create customer satisfaction/facility surveys for tour operators
- Responds to sales inquiries through telephone and/or written correspondence
- Conduct research on current and past attendance of tour operators, gather information on similar institutions for price and product offering comparisons
- Assist with the design of collateral for packaging and sales brochures/flyers
- Provides database management support including data entry and generating reports
- Handles mass mailings to tour operators and group leaders
Advertising and Promotions Path:
Collaborates in the development of general admissions traffic driving promotions, and is responsible for managing the successful communication and implementation of these promotions. Also assists in the coordination of Marketing department activities including advertising, consumer relationship marketing, and market research; media sponsorship, promotional events, exhibit and program launches, sponsorship fulfillment, and special projects as assigned.
- Assists department to develop a strategic plan for attendance driving promotions to offset projected or actual downturns in general admissions
- Assists with sponsorship prospecting and partner fulfillment
- Assists team to develop and implement all marketing-based aspects of new exhibit/program/special event including opening events, consumer promotions, advertising and promotional campaigns, media sponsors, visitor research, giveaways, etc.
- Analyzes promotional opportunities presented by local and regional media, and implements and monitors Aquarium participation.
- Coordinates implementation of all promotional programs with other NAIB departments, including admissions, IT, sponsorship, communications, etc.
- Strategically plans and writes for Aqua Mail, the Aquarium’s CRM mechanism and promotion-based articles for Watermarks, quarterly Member magazine.
- Coordinates miscellaneous advertising efforts including placement in local and regional publications and assists team with any day-to-day advertising duties as needed.
- Undergrad student enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, public relations, development, or a related field.
- Selected candidate must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term, occasional weekends required.
- A working knowledge of Excel and Word, and PowerPoint preferred; basic computer skills required.
- Candidate should be creative, energetic, organized and possess strong verbal skills; candidate should also be self-motivated, have the ability to work independently and take initiative on projects.
Back to the Top