Government Affairs Internship
Government Affairs interns will serve as support staff for the Government Affairs department, with additional responsibilities for the Aquarium’s Deputy Director of External Affairs. This individual should be creative, energetic, organized, and have an interest in government affairs at the State and Local levels. This position will have duties in two departments that include both government affairs functions and donor cultivation functions.
- Research and draft memorandum and briefing materials to Senior Staff and Policymakers on specific issues
- Attend hearings of state/local government and lobbying visits with Government Affairs Representative
- Planning and preparation for meet and greet functions and special tours
- Special Event planning and staffing
- Prepare materials for varied audiences
- Assist with VIP research and researches background information on key issues
- Research and update mailing lists and data files
- Provide correspondence with the local community about community programs and events
- Provides database management support including database entry
- Assist with screening donation requests
- Draft articles and press releases for newsletters
- Assist in designing gift and leave behinds packages for various events
- Assist with mass mailings
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years of Undergraduate Academic work towards a degree in any of the following: Public Administration, Political Science, Journalism, English, Sociology, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Urban Development, Business, or a related field.
- Completion of undergraduate degree and work towards advanced degree will also be considered.
- Computer skills are necessary.
- Creative skills and/or talents are welcomed.
- Commitment to work at least 10 hours per week.
Back to the Top