Creative Services Internship
Creative Services interns assist the marketing staff with the one or more of the following tracks including Graphic Design, Illustration and/or Photo Editing. All interns will assist with administrative tasks as needed and may have the opportunity to complete special projects as assigned.
Graphic Design Track
Graphic design interns assist the Aquarium’s Creative Services department with the design and execution of a range of printed and online materials.
- Execute the design of print publications, including ads, coupons, fliers, newsletters, and more
- Assist in concept development and arrive at creative solutions that meet the Aquarium's brand standards and guidelines
- Respond to general daily client requests—such as locating and resizing images—in a timely manner
- Prepare files for print
- Provide help with the Aquarium's sample archive and with key-wording images
Illustration Track Track
Illustration interns assist the Aquarium’s Creative Services department with digital and hand-drawn illustrations of aquatic life—animals and environmental—to fulfill the needs of departments such as Marketing and Education.
- Illustrate realistic and stylized images to add to our library
- Illustrate images for specific project-based fulfillment
Additional Illustration Track Requirements
- Must have a diverse portfolio showing realistic and stylized illustrations
- Ability to illustrate by hand and digitally
Photo Editing Track
Photo Editing interns assist the Aquarium’s Creative Services department with the collecting, organizing, editing and archiving of images for its photo library.
- Review photos for image and composition quality
- Adjust, crop, color-correct, and resize images as needed
- Assist with image searches from the Aquarium's internal collection as well as from stock photography resources
- Assist with organizing and key-wording images for the Publications department's photo library
- Respond to client requests, such as locating and resizing images, in a timely manner
- Interns with their own camera/equipment may have the opportunity to photograph various Aquarium animals and events
- Must be an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in photography, graphic design, illustration or a related field from an accredited college or university; juniors or seniors preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS5
- Must be proficient with the Macintosh platform
- Must be able to operate within Microsoft Office systems
- Must be self-motivated and possess sharp attention to detail, the ability to work independently or as part of a team, a flexible and creative personality, and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term
Back to the Top