Aviculture interns assist the Aviculture staff with daily care of the National Aquarium's birds.
- Assist with and perform diet preparation and distribution
- Conduct animal observations
- Assist in the cleaning of holding areas, kitchen, and food prep areas
- Provide enrichment to the aviculture collection
- Perform special projects to be determined by staff.
- Must have an interest in birds
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in biology, zoology, animal behavior, ecology, environmental science, or a related field
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term.
Back to the Top