Aquarist interns assist the Aquarist department with daily care of the Aquarium's invertebrates and fish.
- Assist with tank maintenance and cleaning
- Prepare daily diets and perform daily feedings
- Assist in the maintenance of backup areas
- Conduct precise record keeping
- Perform special projects, to be determined by staff.
- Must be a college junior or senior enrolled in an accredited college, pursuing a degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, or a related field
- Must complete a minimum of 120 hours of work within the selected term, preferably during the week
- Are available in the morning (8 a.m.-12 p.m.) or all day (8 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, climb up a 6-foot ladder, and walk or crawl across a 15-foot-long by 12-inch-wide platform.
Back to the Top