Baltimore Magazine's Best Adventure in 2010!
The public is invited to join Aquarium staff for a day of shark tagging off the coast of Ocean City, Maryland. Tagging sharks provides scientists with information on stock identity, migration and abundance, age and growth, mortality, and behavior.
Captain Sampson's experience and reputation have made him a sought-after lecturer, demonstrator, writer, and guide for shark tagging and other offshore fishing techniques. This is a unique, hands-on event!
Though there is no guarantee you'll catch a shark, past trips have reeled in sandbars, dusky, thresher, blacktip, hammerhead, and other shark species.
This trip offers the thrill of deep-sea sport fishing, but with the good conscience of knowing that you're contributing to valuable science that will help conserve these apex hunters of the sea.
2015 Shark Tagging Trip Dates
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday, August 8, 2015, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, August 9, 2015, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Sunday, August 9, 2015, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, August 22, 2015, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Saturday, August 22, 2015, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday, August 23, 2015, 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Sunday, August 23, 2015, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
To register, please choose which day and time you would like to participate and call National Aquarium Central Reservations weekdays from 9 am–4:30 pm at (410) 576-3833. The cost for this event is $200 for National Aquarium members and $250 for non-members.
Back to the Top