Bring the Aquarium or Zoo Home with You
Five Ways to Bring Your Zoo and Aquarium Experience Home
- Use Technology. Webcams strategically placed in exhibits mean that your family doesn’t have to say goodbye at the end of the day.
Blacktip Reef Cam | Giant Panda Cam
- Play Nature Games. Families can get in on the nature fun by simply taking advantage of the environment around them. Resources, like Project Learning Tree can help guide your family to a whole new appreciation of the natural world.
- Start a Dialogue. Did you learn about marine debris and its impact on turtles in our oceans? Take that knowledge home and talk about it as you make better choices for the environment, like trading disposable cups for eco-friendly water bottles.
- Follow Your Passion. Getting up-close with an amazing animal at a zoo or aquarium can be life-changing. To continue the love, take advantage of all the incredible resources that allow the passion to grow. Libraries, online sources, environmental organizations... all of these places can inform and inspire people who are passionate about learning. Some organizations, like the Aquarium, even offer the opportunity to adopt (or Aquadopt) a favorite animal.
- Get Involved. From conservation cleanups to coordinating fundraisers for environmental groups that advocate for the natural world, be a part of the efforts to make real change. Learn more about National Aquarium's programs at aqua.org/care.
Back to the Top